Advertisements
 

Finished Flap Brace, Inspection Ports

Prev | Next

Well, with a few short minutes available to me in the garage tonight, I tied up a couple loose-end rivets and started on a new little mini project.

First, I pulled off the right flap and set these nine rivets with my economy squeezer. No big deal.

Hooray, now the flap brace and flap hinge is completely riveted.

Another angle, showing a completely cleco-free inboard wing.

Then, with about 15 minutes left, I pulled out the inspection covers.

I forget the part number, but there are six of them. Three for each wing.

Up to the drawing to see what hardware is needed.

Looks like #8 hardware.

Go searching through my hardware containers…

There they are.

Uh oh. There’s another set of hardware there on the left for the forward side of the inspection covers.

Oh no!

Oh yes.

I drilled the first forward edge to #19 drill size, then dimpled for a #8 screw.

After trying to fit a #8 screw into a #6 nutplate, I realized my mistake, and drilled them correctly on the other 2 (I’m only working 3 at a time.)

Foreground is correct (#6 screws), background is WRONG (#8 screws).

It’s a sad day when I have to make a deposit into the scrap bin. (sigh)

But, I kept at it, and borrowed one of the left wing’s covers (they aren’t handed, just one of the ones that were allocated for the left wing.)

I got them screwed into the forward (bottom in this picture) edge, and started matchdrilling the center holes.

They’ll look good when they’re done.

0.5 hour, 9 rivets.

Time to go run!

Prev | Next

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: